Friday, April 12, 2013

7th BSBP: The Reveal


Welcome to Lori Anderson's 7th Bead Soup Blog Party!

This has been the biggest BSBP to date with over 500 participants in over 25 different countries. That's a lot of bead swaps and soup cookin'! 

Because of the vast amount of people taking part this go around, Lori had to separate the party into 3 separate reveals; my partner, Kelly from PyxeeStyx and I were given the second reveal which, as you probably guessed by the title, is today. Squeee!

As a refresher, here's the (very generous) soup that I received from my partner: 





Now, onto what I created with it....


Click to Enlarge

In honor of my partner and her amazing soup with which these pieces I've created would not have been possible, I've named this necklace after her and her business, PyxeeStyx. Plus with the components she provided me, the named seemed more than appropriate! 

Used from my soup were the gorgeous blue hue lampwork beads, copper swirl components created by Kelly herself, rich colored ribbon, teal glass drop floral beads, copper headpins, and teal swarovski crystal beads. 

The only thing I had to include was an upcycled large link chain and a few clear crystal beads!





These little beauties deemed Spring Has Sprung were the first earrings I constructed out of my soup. Utilized from the soup I received are the diamond shaped cloisonne beads along with the lime green floral pearl beads. The last beads that make up the earrings were a complete happenstance; don't know where or how I got them-they just happened to be there at the perfect time! 



Click to Enlarge

Next up, I knew I wanted to at least try to complete one set from what I was given, so a necklace and earring set it would be! Funny enough, I had no idea what I was going to do until I came upon that choker wire in my junk stash. Strange how a simple piece of gold tone wire can inspire you. 

From there, I upcycled a large link gold tone chain and used from the soup are the teal swarovski crystal beads as well as the blue floral beads. I added the small clear crystals and the splash of yellow from my own stash.





While this is probably the most plain necklace I created out of the bunch, I am happy with the way it turned out. When designing, I tend to lean towards more complicated and 'full' designs because I feel it looks more impressive, but I knew as soon as I laid eyes on this personalized focal created just for me, it HAD to be the center piece; I didn't want anything taking away from it's magic! Everything used except for the copper chain was part of my soup; ironically that copper chain was from the last BSBP.



Click to Enlarge


Bracelets are my specialty, so what kind of bead souper would I be without adding one to the mix?! Unfortunately I would have loved to put more time and effort into a bracelet but for the life of me I couldn't find any inspiration! So I went with the old stand by: when in doubt, throw it on a charm bracelet!

I do quite love how it turned out though. This bracelet, like it's name suggests, is a definite array of materials, most of which were left over pieces from my soup added with a few pieces here or there from my own stash.





These were also a pair of earrings I made earlier on in the bead soup assembly process. Used from the soup were those darling glass drop flowers, copper tone eye pins, and small teal colored swarovski crystals. My contribution were the square wooden beads and small clear crystal beads.




Click to Enlarge


This is the last necklace I made and even though, like one of the other ones I made, it's a little simple design wise, I really enjoy the way it turned out! The asymmetry of the necklace is just what those gorgeous green and brown beads called for, at least in my mind's eye ;)

Those large beads as well as the key were taken from my soup and I added the large brown chips, upcycled large link chain (look familiar?) and the necklace's clasp.







Lastly but certainly not least, I have quite the attachment to these Be Free earrings most of all, probably because they required a wee bit of stamping to be done; I'm still pretty enamored with stamping since I just recently learned how to do it! 

Kelly gifted me these absolutely gorgeous green and blue glass beads which had to be used no matter what! Thankfully I found those silver tone metal components riffling around my junk drawer and knew they'd be a perfect fit with those beads.

Oh, and those green dangle beads were a last minute addition from my bead collection!


************************************************

While I didn't use nearly everything Kelly gave me, I unfortunately ran out of time before I could utilize any more. My big regret is not being able to use the absolutely stunning clasp she made me, but I decided after I used up a good majority of my soup that it was too special to just whip together something with. 

I'm going to wait until the perfect time to use that!



Now that you're done viewing my goodies, make sure to pay a visit to my lovely partner Kelly of PyxeeStyx to see what she made with the soup I sent her. 

I for one can't wait to see what she created!

************************************************

After your done, make sure to check out this list of all second reveal party goers to see what others have cooked up as well!



Agata Grygiel
Ali McCarthy
Alice Craddick
Amy Severino
Ana Krepel
Andra Weber
Andrea Glick
Andrea Trank
Anitra Gordy Boyers


Annette Rivers
Anu Tuppurainen
April Grinaway
Audrey BĂ©langer
B.R.Kuhlman
Barbara Bechtel
Barbara Mason
Becky Pancake
Beti Horvath
Billi RS Rothove


Bobbie Rafferty
Brandi Burdick
Candida Castleberry
Carol Dillman
Carolyn Gebert
Carolyn Lawson
Caron Reid
Catherine King
Cathy Jakicic


Chandra Merod
Charlene Jacka
Cheri Reed
Cherrie Fick
Cherrie Warzocha
Cheryl Brown
Cheryl Dunham
Cheryl Foiles
Cheryl Gangle


Chris Eisenberg
Chris White
Christina Miles


Christine Murrow


Cindy Ritchie
Clare Etheridge
Cory Tompkins


Cris Peacock
Cynthia Abner
Debbie Rasmussen
Debi Levine
Deborah Brooks
Deborah Read
Debra Behrends
Dorota Żerańska
Elaine Robitaille


Elsie Deliz-Fonseca
Emma Todd
Erin Guest
Evelyn Shelby
Evie and Beth McCord
Francy Inman
Ginger Bishop
Gloria Allen
Hajer Waheed


Hope Smitherman
Ilenia Ruzza
Ilona Hegedűs
Ine Vande Cappelle
Jackie Ryan
Janine Lucas
Jean Peter
Jean Wells
Jeanne Steck


Jelveh Jaferian Johnson
Jennifer Cabic
Jennifer Reno
Jennifer VanBenschoten
Jenny Davies-Reazor
Jenny Kyrlach
Jenny Robledo
Jessica Brower
Jill MacKay


JJ Jacobs
Jo-Ann Woolverton
Joanne Tinley
Johanna Rhodes Nash
Judy Robinson
Juli Cannon
Julia Gerlach
Julie Bowen
Julie Panusis


K Hutchinson
Karen Martinez
Karen Vincent
Karen Williams
Karin Slaton
Karyn Bonfiglio
Kat Douglas
Kate Dufour
Kate Mulligan


Kate Richbourg
Kathleen Gallant
Kathleen Lange Klik
Katie Nielsen-Nunez
Kay Bolton
Kayla Potega
Kelli Jacobson
Kelly Patterson
Kelly Ramstack


Kiersten Kern
Kim Sparks
Klaudete Koon
Klaudia TĂłth
Krista French
Kristin Oppold
Kym Hunter
Lana Kinney
Laura Guenther


Lauren Fenty
Leah Curtis
Lennis Carrier
Linda Murphy
Lisa Johnson
Lori Anderson
Lupe Meter
Lynn Jobber
Mandi Effron


Marcia Dunne
Margareta Saari
                     
Marianne Baxter
Marie Covert
Mary Ellen Parker
Maryse Fritzsch-Thillens
Megan Milliken
Melissa Meman
Melissa Mesara


Michaela Pabeschitz
Michelle Tucker
Mimi Gardner
Mischelle Fanucchi
Monica Phillips
Mowse Doyle
Nancy Boylan
Nancy Dale
Pat Haight


Patina Queen
Patty Miller
Pia Kaven
Rebecca Anderson
Rose Johnson
Roxanne Blanc
Sarah Goode
Sarah Singer
Sarah Strover


Shalini Austin
Sherri Stokey
Sherry Baun
Sheryl Stephens
Silvia Sernicola
Solange Collin
Stacie Florer
Stacy Alderson
Stephanie Haussler


Stephanie LaRosa
Sue Burleigh
Susan Bowie
Susan Kelly
Susan of Libellula Jewelry
Susan Sheehan
Suzanne Fragiacomo
Tammi Sloan
Tammie Everly


Tania Hagen
Tania Spivey
Tanya Goodwin
Tanya Wiles
Tari Kahrs


Theresa Buchle
Tiffany Smith
Tina Holden


Tracey Nanstad
Tracie Dean
Tracy Bell
Tracy Kruse
Veralynne Malone
Veronica Campos-Hallstrom


Facebook Participants



D’Arsie Manzella     
Claire Brannigan Hasemeier
Robin Showstack
Melanie Lemen Swope
Beccy Peterson
Kelli Nelson
Chris Schlicht
Shelley Cole-Kuduk







42 comments:

Megan said...

I love the Spring Has Sprung Earrings! Super cute :)

Mimi said...

Kayla - you wow me!! Beautiful creations!

la mar de bonita said...

Oh what a lovely soup, Kayla! So much and so beautiful pieces. I love everything, you've made - but .... the Story Necklace is sure one of my favourites on this reveal!

Jacqueline said...

What a wonderful collection to wake up to. I am just so amazed at the creative and beautiful pieces you made out of your soup! Congratulations on all you accomplished. Very inspiring :-)

coffeeaddict said...

so many wonderful pieces to choose from. Great work!

Anonymous said...

All of your designs are excellent, such vibrant colours! I particularly like the necklace you've made with the story book pendant!

kjramstack said...

You could open up a whole separate shop with all of the beautiful pieces you created from your soup! My fav. is the Color Me Carefree set. I think the cluster of beads hanging from the choker wire is very unique and the color combo is a bit unexpected but perfect altogether.

Mags said...

Love all your different necklaces, great work!

EB Bead and Metal Works, LLC said...

WOW - you made a lot of gorgeous pieces! So many wonderful creations to pick from that it is too hard :) Though I have to say I love the My Story Necklace and the Road Less Traveled. Awesome pieces!

Unknown said...

The 'My Story' necklace had stolen my heart. Such a lovely piece !

Unknown said...

Lots of great color and design elements here!

ACBeads said...

All designs are beautiful. My favourite is the Pyxxie's Dance Necklace. Have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

Love all your wonderful designs. So Springy and fun.
kathy

Unknown said...

You have a great style. All your pieces are very fun. I especially love your "be free" earrings.

bailaora said...

i like your style, especially in pieces with fabric, really stunning!congrats!

PiPa said...

Despite each piece being so wonderful, I have to say the 'My Story' necklace is my favorite too.

Beti Horvath said...

You have a wonderful touch! Beautiful use of materials and color. I think the first necklace is my favorite, but it is so hard to choose!

brandi said...

~such a beautiful creative mind you behold...i adore each piece created but just love the little book necklace...much love light and blessings~

Cassi said...

What a wonderful job you did with all the pieces! Beautiful designs :-)

Cheri said...

Nice soup you received, love the blue with the sari silk! Great job on all the pieces!

tammi sloan said...

You had an amazing soup to work with! Great job with all your pieces. I really like the asymmetry of the green and brown necklace. Bravo!

Unknown said...

Amazing use of a soup. So many Beautiful pieces, You rock girl!!

Chelle said...

I LOVE all of your designs. I really love the first necklace. I soo could see myself wearing it. Gorgeous work.

Ann said...

You came up with so many great pieces! I have to say that the first necklace is my favorite. I love the ribbon with those copper swirl components.

Giorgia Rossini said...

I love all your pieces, I can't pick a favourite!
I'm on the 3rd reveal, what fun BSBP!
ciao dall'Italia

Dolores Raml said...

You created a lot of gorgeous pieces with your soup.

Unknown said...

You did an amazing job there, quite a few stunning pieces! I'm in love with the colors of the soup!

Jean A. Wells said...

Beautiful! You certainly did her soup justice. My favorite is your book necklace. Very special. I also loved the little splashes of yellow here and there. Great job!

Kumi Fisher said...

Wow so many beautiful creations! My Story necklace is so unique and gorgeous! Well done!!

SwallowtailJewellery said...

Love all your designs! Very pretty - especially like your My Story Necklace. You had a wonderful bead soup to work with and you creation gorgeous jewellery!

A Polymer Penchant said...

wow you definitely took that soup in a whole lot of directions. Great job!

PyxeeStyx said...

I love it. All of it. The yellow you pulled in from the millefiori glass,the simplicity of the "My Story" necklace, and most of all the "Pyxee's Dance" necklace. I am completely tickled that you named it in my honor. To boot, those lamp-work glass beads were actually made by my mother, making it a 3 artist collaboration. How cool is that. :) xoxoxo

CraftyHope said...

Oh la la! You made some simply fantastic pieces. I love the bright colors you included in almost all of them, but that last pair of earrings has got to be my favorite. Well done!

Libellula Jewelry™ said...

You may consider your "My Story" necklace to be plain but I do not. All your pieces are beautiful!

Shai Williams said...

What a great collection of gorgeous designs! Each and every piece is so special in its own way. I even love the Color Me Carefree set and I don't like yellow.

Kristin Aquariann said...

Gorgeous jewelry!

♥ aquariann
Featured Photo: White Blossoms in Spring

Becky Pancake said...

Kayla your jewelry is wonderful. You made excellent use of your soup. My favorites are Pyxee's Dance and Teal Escape.

Kepi said...

Great designs, love your pieces, they are all gorgeous!

Bobbie said...

You busy lady, you! They are all so creative and lovely in their own way. I think my favorite is the pendant on the wire - very pretty!

Unknown said...

Lovely job with your soup! Great designs and so many!

Unknown said...

What a lovely bead soup results those amazing♥ pieces created by you!

Memories for Life said...

Wow! Look at all those goodies! You really did a great job with this mix of beads! I really love that first necklace and all the earrings.