Thursday, September 27, 2012

Making People Smile--Bessies Creations


Welcome to TEE Jewelry Bessie of BessiesCreations on Etsy!


Elizabeth, or Bessie as she is known by family, friends and members of the Etsy community, currently resides in Fresno, California, however, she drives back to her hometown of Sonora, California every weekend. 

Like most other artists and crafters out there, Bessie does have a day job; she works in a permitting department for a utility company--"My job is fun and keeps me up to date on regulations within California; however, if I was able to make crafting my day job I would do it in a second and never look back."


Bessies Creations came to be when Elizabeth was contemplating several names for her new Etsy shop. "My nick name is Bessie, so I decided on Bessies Creations. It isn’t anything fancy, but that is truly what my shop is. Every item in my store is something I created."

Her Etsy shop would have never come to be if Bessie hadn't learned her love for crafting early on in life. Like most of us, her love of creating came when she was a child courtesy of her mom who also had a love of arts and crafts; "She is always making something whether it was something simple or something as difficult as a quilt. I would always try to help with whatever she was doing and she never told me no." Not only that, but she also grew up with three sisters and they would always craft together, which of course made it so much more fun!

These days, Bessie dabbles in a little bit of everything from photography and working with wood to jewelry making and crocheting. You can tell she is very well rounded by just going through and browsing her shop!

Inspiration for her comes by way of trying to make people happy-"I want to make a unique item that will make my buyer feel special. I believe my inspiration is trying to find new items that would make someone happy."

Advice from Bessie: "Do what you love. Many people say that you need to stick with one thing, but I think if you like to do a variety of crafts go for it! Don’t hold back your creativeness! If you let your creativeness go you will be amazed with the things you think of."

Things to know about Bessie and her work:

*Aside from her shop on Etsy, you can also find her and her work on Wanelo!

*Make sure to follow her on Facebook and Twitter as well!

*Bessie welcomes ideas and custom orders; have something in mind? Just message her!

*For payment, shipping, and other important information, check out her Shop Policy Page.


A bit thanks to Elizabeth A.K.A Bessie for allowing me to feature her and her wonderful work on my website! If you're a lover of anything rustic and natural, you definitely should head over to BessiesCreations and browse through her lovely products!




Items in Post:

Set of 4 Crocheted Coasters with Felt Bear Accent

Reclaimed Cedar Wood Adirondack Toothbrush Holder

Natural Copper & Brown Feather Earrings




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love those feather earrings very much!!

Bessie said...

Thank you so much!